Hearthstone Closed Beta Patch Notes – 220.127.116.1143
We will be looking at the latest patch released on the 19th of December!
- Certain Expert cards have been changed and the amount of dust that you get from disenchanting these cards have been temporarily increased such that it is equal to the amount of dust that it would have originally cost to craft those cards. Affected cards are:
- We understand that the Freeze mechanic can be frustrating to play against, and we wanted to make changes that would allow the Mage’s opponent some additional time to be aggressive with their minions and well as slow the overall pacing of the control-based Mage play style.
- Blizzard’s mana cost is now 6 (up from 5).
- Cone of Cold’s mana cost is now 4 (up from 3).
- Frost Nova’s mana cost is now 3 (up from 2).
- Resolved an issue where certain account states could prevent new Arena runs from being started. Previously impacted accounts should now be able to properly start new Arena runs.
Looking at the latest patch, the slight Mage nerf is definitely welcome as everyone is going gaga over the Frost Mage meta; freeze effect cards have too much value for their cost. For more information with regards to the previous patch, 18.104.22.16817, it can be checked out here. For the known issues with regards to the previous patch, it can be checked out here.
What do you think of the current patch; has it really nerfed the Mage class, or will the Mage still ride roughshod over the other classes?
For more quality Hearthstone and community news, stay tuned to Hearthstone Alley or our Facebook page!