Inter-Varsity Games Frontier 2015 Finals
Are you ready to be the ‘King of the Varsities’? After the gruelling qualifiers (which were organised by the respective varsities), we will be moving on to the finals this Sunday!
- Date: 7th June 2015 (Sunday)
- Time: 11am – 9pm
- Venue: OASIS Cafe (One Selegie Rd, PoMo, Unit B1-17/18/19/20)
- Server: Americas
- Format: Best-of-5 (Bo5) Conquest Group Stages + Single Elimination Playoffs
- Registration Fee: SGD$7
- All proceeds will go to the IVGF team
- Pay on-site; first-come-first-serve basis (except for qualified players)
- Qualified players will not be required to pay (unless they have not paid during the qualifiers)
- Registration Link: >> HERE! <<
- Brackets: >> HERE! <<
- Player Information >> HERE! << (Will be released on the day of the tournament)
- Champion: SteelSeries Siberia v2 + Lil’ Hogger + Hearthstone Glass (1 Set) + Hearthstone Pillow + Hearthstone Coaster (1 Set)
- Runner-Up: Razer Abyssus + Hearthstone Glass (1 Set) + Hearthstone Pillow + Hearthstone Coaster (1 Set)
- 2nd Runner-Up: Razer Goliathus + Hearthstone Glass (1 Set) + Hearthstone Coaster (1 Set)
- 4th Place – 8th Place: Hearthstone Lanyard with Light-Up Charm
- 9.30am – 10.30am: Registration
- 10.30am – 11am: Briefing for Participants
- 11am – 12pm: Group Stage Round 1
- 12pm – 1pm: Group Stage Round 2
- 1pm – 2pm: Lunch
- 2pm – 3pm: Group Stage Round 3
- 3pm – 4pm: Round of 32
- 4pm – 5pm: Round of 16
- 5pm – 6pm: Quarterfinals
- 6pm – 7pm: Dinner
- 7pm – 8pm: Semifinals
- 8pm – 9pm: Finals
- 9pm – 9.30pm: Prize Presentation
- Players are not allowed to leave the Duelling Screen (outside of exceptions like disconnections or bugs) until they have finished that particular series. The offending player will have to forfeit a match if he is deemed to have infringed the rule. In the event of a disconnection or a bug, do call a marshal to arbitrate.
- A player will be given a match bye if his opponent is late by every 20 minutes.
- No backseat gaming is allowed in the tournament.
- Players are to use the decklists that they have sent; marshals will check them before every series.
- Players found infringing the rules will be given an initial warning. Subsequent infringements may result in disqualification from the tournament.
- The Chief Marshal will have the final decision in all matters.
- Players are expected to send their decklists (3 classes) to email@example.com at least one day before the tournament! Priority in registration will be given to those who have done so (on a first-come-first-serve basis).
- A rematch will be conducted if there is a disconnection (unless lethal is guaranteed); we encourage sportsmanship.
- 16 groups of 4 players
- Qualified players will be seeded and given priority in tie-breakers
- Top 2 players from each group will advance to the playoffs
- Tie-breakers will be decided in the following order:
- Priority to seeded players
- Head-to-head record
- Win-loss differential
- Total number of match wins
- In the event that the players are still tied, they will play a final Bo5 series
- Top 16 players
- Single Elimination
- Best-of-5 (first to 3 wins).
- Bring 3 decks (Different classes).
- The 3 decks that you have brought will be fixed throughout the tournament.
- Players can check out the ‘Player Information’ page (see above) to find out more about the other players in the tournament.
- Players are expected to verify for themselves that their opponent is playing one of their selected classes. In the event that your opponent is not playing any of his selected classes, do call a marshal to arbitrate.
- The winning player will use a different deck – once a deck has won, it is no longer playable for the rest of the series. The losing player can continue to use any deck that has not won yet.
- After each series, inform the group marshal (with your opponent) of the results.
Will you lead your varsity to victory?
Stay tuned to Hearthstone Alley, or our Facebook and Twitter for more quality Hearthstone and community news!
Silfer is a passionate Hearthstone player, who wishes to grow gaming communities and the eSports scene. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org; drop a ‘Hi!’ or give feedback about the website!
Edited by Silfer