Hearthstone @ Card Games Asia 2015
Following last Sunday’s tournament at Brewlings, we will be moving towards team tournaments at the upcoming Card Games Asia!
- Date: 15th – 16th August 2015
- Time: 12pm – 8pm
- Venue: Suntec City Convention Hall 405 (Sponsored by Nexus Ark)
- Server: Americas
- Entrance Fee: SGD$5 / Person
- SGD$2 (Event)
- SGD$3 (Tournament)
- Registration Link: (Two Separate Tournaments!)
- Day 1: >> HERE! <<
- Day 2: >> HERE! <<
- An email will be sent to the team leader to confirm their registration.
- Current Status: >> HERE! <<
- Number of Teams: 16
- Players in a Team: 2
- Match Format: Best-of-5 (Bo5) Conquest Mode
- Tournament Format: Single Elimination
Prizes (Sponsored by Beyond Geek)
- Champion: $100 Cash + $50 Beyond Geek Voucher
- Runner-Up: $50 Cash + $50 Beyond Geek Voucher
- 2nd Runner-Up: $50 Beyond Geek Voucher
Note: The top two teams (all four players) on Day 1 will not be eligible to play on Day 2.
- 12pm – 1pm: Round of 16 First Half
- 1pm – 2pm: Round of 16 Second Half
- 2pm – 3pm: Lunch
- 3pm – 4pm: Quarter-Finals
- 4pm – 5pm: Semi-Finals
- 5pm – 6pm: Finals
- Players are not allowed to leave the Duelling Screen until they have finished that particular series. In the event of a disconnection or a bug, do call a marshal to arbitrate.
- A player will be given a match bye if his opponent is late by every 10 minutes.
- No backseat gaming is allowed in the tournament.
- Players are to use the decklists that they have sent; marshals will check them before every series.
- Players are to cross out the option to allow their friends to spectate their games.
- Players found infringing the rules will be given an initial warning. Subsequent infringements may result in disqualification from the tournament.
- The Chief Marshal will have the final decision in all matters.
- Players are expected to send their decklists (3 classes) to firstname.lastname@example.org at least one day before the tournament! Priority in registration will be given to those who have done so (on a first-come-first-serve basis).
- A rematch will be conducted if there is a disconnection (unless lethal is guaranteed or the match is conceded by either player); we encourage sportsmanship.
- Best-of-5 (first to three wins).
- Bring three decks of different classes; they will be fixed throughout the tournament.
- Players are expected to verify for themselves that their opponent is playing one of their selected classes. In the event that your opponent is not playing any of their selected classes, do call a marshal to arbitrate.
- The winning player will use a different deck – once a deck has won, it is no longer playable for the rest of the series. The losing player can continue to use any deck that has not yet won in the series.
- After each series, inform the group marshal (with your opponent) of the results.
Stay tuned to Hearthstone Alley, or our Facebook and Twitter for more quality Hearthstone and community news!
Silfer is a passionate Hearthstone player, who wishes to grow gaming communities and the eSports scene. He can be contacted at email@example.com; drop a ‘Hi!’ or give feedback about the website!
- Card Games Asia
- Blizzard Entertainment