The Grand Tournament @ Brewlings!
Are you all ready for The Grand Tournament? Ready to show your new decks? Want to watch the Hearthstone Southeast Asian Championships? Brewlings is back with another tournament this Sunday!
- Date: 20th September 2015
- Time: 11am – 7.30pm
- Venue: Brewlings, 82 Serangoon Garden Way, 555978
- Server: Americas
- Entrance Fee: SGD$8 (with one soft drink) or SGD$10 (with one beer)
- Do Bring Along a Fully-Charged Phone/Tablet/Laptop (Few Charging Outlets will be Provided)
- Match Format: Best-of-5 (Bo5) Conquest Mode
- Tournament Format: Group Stage + Single Elimination Playoffs
- Registration Link: >> HERE! << (Pay On-Site)
- Brackets: >> HERE! <<
- Prize pool will be 50% of the sum of registration costs.
- 11am – 11.30am: Registration
- 11.30am – 1pm: Group Stage Round 1
- 1pm – 2pm: Group Stage Round 2
- 2pm – 3pm: Group Stage Round 3
- 3pm – 4pm: Lunch
- 4pm – 5pm: Quarter-Finals
- 5pm – 6pm: Semi-Finals
- 6pm – 7.30pm: Finals
- Players are not allowed to leave the Duelling Screen until they have finished that particular series. In the event of a disconnection or a bug, do call a marshal to arbitrate.
- A player will be given a match bye if his opponent is late by every 10 minutes.
- No backseat gaming is allowed in the tournament.
- Players are to use the decklists that they have sent; marshals will check them before every series.
- Players are to cross out the option to allow their friends to spectate their games.
- Players will be given their ‘Player Cards’ upon registration on which they will state the classes that they have brought for the tournament. They will be written in pen, and no modifications will be allowed. Loss of the ‘Player Card’ will result in instant disqualification.
- Players are to trade their ‘Player Cards’ with their opponents before the start of every series.
- Players found infringing the rules will be given an initial warning. Subsequent infringements may result in disqualification from the tournament.
- The Chief Marshal will have the final decision in all matters.
- Players are expected to send their decklists (3 classes) to email@example.com at least one day before the tournament! Priority in registration will be given to those who have done so (on a first-come-first-serve basis).
- A rematch will be conducted if there is a disconnection (unless lethal is guaranteed or the match is conceded by either player); we encourage sportsmanship.
- Eight groups of four players
- Top player from each group will advance to the playoffs
- Tie-breakers will be decided in the following order:
- Head-to-head record
- Win-loss differential (Number of match wins minus losses)
- Total number of match wins
- In the event that the players are still tied, they shall then play a final Bo5 series.
- Top eight players
- Single Elimination
- Best-of-5 (first to three wins).
- Bring three decks of different classes; they will be fixed throughout the tournament. All other decks are to be deleted.
- Players are expected to verify for themselves that their opponent is playing one of their selected classes. In the event that your opponent is not playing any of their selected classes, do call a marshal to arbitrate.
- The winning player will use a different deck – once a deck has won, it is no longer playable for the rest of the series. The losing player can continue to use any deck that has not yet won in the series.
- After each series, inform the group marshal (with your opponent) of the results.
Stay tuned to Hearthstone Alley, or our Facebook and Twitter for more quality Hearthstone and community news!
Silfer is a passionate Hearthstone player, who wishes to grow gaming communities and the eSports scene. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org; drop a ‘Hi!’ or give feedback about the website!
- Blizzard Entertainment
Edited by Silfer